I’ve got a bit of a love/hate relationship with the internet, and social media in particular.
I love it because it has given me the opportunity to really make a living from making a difference to people in every corner of the globe. I’ve made friends I would never have met without it, and I have created a location independent life that affords me freedom I have never known before.
But I hate it because it’s really tough to tell the truth from the BS that is being fed to people who are just starting out.
There ARE opportunities to be had, but more and more people are recognising that fact, and with every day it seems, it gets tougher to get going in the online business world. No longer is it enough to announce your offering and wait for the sales to roll in.
I’m grateful that I began when I did, because I made many of my mistakes when the pressure didn’t seem so intense.
What is the biggest obstacle to your success?
The truth is, that the internet really does offer amazing opportunities for connection and business building, but without knowing what it takes to really get momentum going, many amazing change makers like you, are giving up and returning to lives that don’t make their hearts sing.
You see there is more to it than just knowing your craft, or having a great website.
The biggest obstacle to your success is YOU!
And whilst it appeals to the introverts to work from behind their laptop screen – I know it did for me – you can’t escape you. The speed with which you can make it in your online business is directly related to the confidence and belief you have in yourself. Think about it, when you truly know that something is meant to be, I bet you are a force to be reckoned with. But when there is even the slightest hint of self-doubt, where does all that confidence and action go?
The right support network
That is why it is CRUCIAL to put the necessary supports in place to ensure you have unwavering confidence about your online venture.
You need your skills for sure, but you also need:
- Knowledge – the chances are that you do not know what you don’t know yet
- Systems – getting organised and having systems in place will help you scale your idea quickly without tripping over the day-to-day stuff
- Focus – it is SO tempting to look around but there you will find comparisonitis (the death knell of the online entrepreneur) and distractions you don’t need. Plan your time so that you stay focused on what you absolutely need to do right now.
- Community – we all have ups and downs in this crazy journey. Surround yourself with likeminded people who are there in your downs, and who you can inspire in your ups. We do not grow in isolation.
- Commitment – commit to showing up every day for the next 12 months minimum. I’m not saying it will take that long, but when you commit to a timeframe then you will weather the bumpy patches a whole lot easier.
- Mindset – at the end of the day, it is all about you. The most successful entrepreneurs look after their minds just as well as they look after their bodies.
Once you have these key elements in place, there will be no stopping you.
Let me know how you get on.