A 2-minute practice to quieten your inner critic
Do you know how to get past your inner critic?
At stressful times our inner critic voice can be so loud that it is difficult to discern whether it is truly you that you are hearing, or if it is your critic.
Tune into the voice that is the loudest in your most stressful moments…
What do you notice about the voice?
- Is it masculine or feminine?
- Loud or quiet?
- Coming from inside your head or outside, and from what direction?
- What do notice about the pitch of the voice? Is it high or low?
- What about the speed that the voice is speaking? Is it fast or slow?
- What else can you notice about the voice?
- If it is a masculine voice that you hear, change it to a feminine voice.
- If it is loud, imagine turning the volume down on it and make it much, much quieter.
- If the voice is coming from inside your head at the back, then imagine it coming from outside your head and off to the left.
- Play with the pitch of the voice, make it squeaky and high pitched.
- Speed up the voice so that it is at super high speed, or slow it down so that it is barely able to be understood.
With every change notice what it does to the feeling of stress that your inner critic may induce.
If you are able to manipulate the voice you are hearing, then it is safe to say that you have tapped into your inner critic.
Check out this short video of Lorraine coaching Nat through her inner critic transformation!
- What changes have you noticed when you have changed the qualities of your inner voice?
- How have these changes affected the stress your inner critic may induce?
Remember to share your experience of the practice and/or your insights below.
Lorraine’s 15+ years of experience as a Certified Professional Coach plus her background as a radiofrequency engineer has helped her to view personal transformation with an engineering eye – isolating components and creating bespoke formulas or recipes for her clients. It has also helped her to identify patterns and trends that can be applied to larger groups without losing the essence of your uniqueness.
The results are difficult to quantify as my clients shake off generations of inner critics, shoulds, musts and what it has meant to be a woman which leaves them free to step into a whole new realm of playing bigger in life, career and business.
What to do next…
- Sign up to receive notification of when new practices are released.
- Help me to help you! Take this short survey and receive a gift for participation.
- Ready for some powerful breakthroughs? Apply for 1:1 coaching here
Don’t Miss This!
As part of my newly updated “What’s Your #1 Results Blocker?” Quiz I have released the same non-negotiable training that all of my clients go through. If you haven’t completed the Quiz then you can do that here – you’ll get instant access to the Values Training upon completion.
About Wisdom Widgets
Wisdom Widgets are a selection of tools, practices and concepts that can help you to tap into your deep inner wisdom as a professional or business woman.
Sadly there is no magic bullet to transformation, despite what many gurus may have you believe. What I have found over and over in my 15+ years of working with thousands of clients is that we need to find the right combination of Wisdom Widgets for YOU.
Wisdom Widgets come from a wide range of sources and modalities that I have mastered over the past decade-and-a-half, and that have helped successful, ambitious women who are still crippled with self-doubt and ‘comparison-itis’. Some of these tools include, but are not limited to:
- Professional Coaching
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Positive Psychology
- Cognitive Behaviour Approaches
- Solutions Focused Brief Therapy
- Polyvagal Theory
And many more…