Belief or Decision? Which is more empowering?...
Recently I have been reviewing my 15 years of coaching sessions and highlighting common scenarios and activities that you can try to overcome similar challenges in a new series of posts I am calling Wisdom Widgets.
This week I am addressing a statement that I hear far too often in my coaching practice, and one that breaks my heart and frustrates me in equal measure.
“I’m just lazy”
Whether this is in reference to weight release, business building, career change, relationships or something else, women especially seem to take on too much responsibility for outcomes and when results are not what they want, this belief of “I’m just lazy” seems to pervade.
Let’s take a fresh look at this…
- When did you ‘decide’ you were ‘lazy’? Did you make the decision, or did someone make it for you?
- When you are finding something difficult to do, something that you would label yourself ‘lazy’ for not being able to do it…What does it feel like in your body? Where are the feelings? What size are they? Are they moving, or steady? What does the feeling weigh? What else is important to notice about this feeling?
- Now, imagine a time when you felt completely motivated to do something. You were energised and taking action towards that activity or goal… What did THAT feel like in your body? Where were the feelings? What size are they? Are they moving, or steady? What does the feeling weigh? What else is important to notice about this feeling?
FEEDBACK: Tell me how you got on? What worked? What changed or shifted for you?
Remember to share your experience of the practice and/or your insights below.
Lorraine’s 15+ years of experience as a Certified Professional Coach plus her background as a radiofrequency engineer has helped her to view personal transformation with an engineering eye – isolating components and creating bespoke formulas or recipes for her clients. It has also helped her to identify patterns and trends that can be applied to larger groups without losing the essence of your uniqueness.
The results are difficult to quantify as my clients shake off generations of inner critics, shoulds, musts and what it has meant to be a woman which leaves them free to step into a whole new realm of playing bigger in life, career and business.
Don’t Miss This!
As part of my newly updated “What’s Your #1 Results Blocker?” Quiz I have released the same non-negotiable training that all of my clients go through. If you haven’t completed the Quiz then you can do that here – you’ll get instant access to the Values Training upon completion.
About Wisdom Widgets
Wisdom Widgets are a selection of tools, practices and concepts that can help you to tap into your deep inner wisdom as a professional or business woman.
Sadly there is no magic bullet to transformation, despite what many gurus may have you believe. What I have found over and over in my 15+ years of working with thousands of clients is that we need to find the right combination of Wisdom Widgets for YOU.
Wisdom Widgets come from a wide range of sources and modalities that I have mastered over the past decade-and-a-half, and that have helped successful, ambitious women who are still crippled with self-doubt and ‘comparison-itis’. Some of these tools include, but are not limited to:
- Professional Coaching
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Positive Psychology
- Cognitive Behaviour Approaches
- Solutions Focused Brief Therapy
- Polyvagal Theory
And many more…