Why you don’t need to be liked by everyone to be successful
Success and authenticity
10 tips to develop thick skin and deal with negativity
- Understand that not everyone is going to like you. This is okay! There are countless examples of successful people who were not liked by everyone.
- Don’t take things too personally. People can be mean or negative for no reason. Just remember that it’s not about you, it’s about them.
- Develop a sense of perspective. It’s important to remember that one person’s opinion doesn’t represent the opinion of the entire world. There will always be people who like and dislike you, and that’s okay!
- Learn to deal with constructive criticism. Not everyone is going to have nice things to say about you. However, if someone you admire offers you constructive criticism, try to take it to heart and use it to improve your work. If it comes from someone who is not in your field, then discern whether or not to take it on board.
- Shrug off the haters. If someone is being negative and mean for no reason, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time and energy. Their hate is more about them than it is about you.
- Build a support network. Surround yourself with positive people who will boost your self-confidence and help you stay grounded. (The Purple Hair Revolution is a perfect example of this.)
- Practice self-compassion. When you do make a mistake, be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
- Stay positive. No matter what people say or do, try to maintain a positive attitude and focus on the things that make you happy.
- Don’t try to be someone you’re not. One of the easiest ways to be successful is to be authentic to yourself. If you recognize yourself as a ‘people-pleaser’ then it’s time to assess whether this is working for you or not. It’s important to be yourself and let your authentic personality shine through.
- Stay focused on your goals. When you’re focused on your goals, you won’t be as concerned with what others think of you. You’ll be more likely to stay motivated and push through any challenges that come your way.
Upper Limit Breakthrough Call
Join me to identify your main results blocker and at least 3 clear steps to break through your upper limits.